**Jefferson's Parlor**

A Place for Contemplation of Democratic Political Philosophy and Its Meaning for Democratic Parties.......Now with Added Social Science!

Parlor image courtesy of Robert C. Lautman/Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc.
To the Remembrance of Neda Agha-Soltan
My Photo
Name:

EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Sociology; WORK EXPERIENCE: Case Worker, Researcher, Teacher, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Actor, Janitor, Busboy, Day Laborer; COUNTRIES I HAVE VISITED: Austria, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Egypt, Thailand, China, Taiwan, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay; FAMILY: Father from Ukraine, Mother from USA, wife from Colombia, one brother and one sister; LANGUAGES: English, Spanish and German [although my German is "rusty"]; CITIZENSHIP: USA. My wife, who is an artist, drew the picture at left in 1996. I had hair on top back then. Now it grows out of my ears and nose instead. OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE, I am proudest of this blog. I hope someone reads it!

Support The Campaign for America's Future,www.ourfuture.org

Saturday, June 24, 2006

First Post!

Dear Reader,

This is my first blog post, and I am having to learn some things as I go. Like how to post graphics here! I'll put some up as soon as I figure that out.

The idea for this blog grew from my observation, over the last several years, that the democratic movement in the U.S. had forgotten its philosophical foundations. Its political party was engaging in little more than developing issue platforms. Issue platforms are necessary, it's true. But it is even more critical that we be able to articulate the philosophical perspective, ideas and values which underlie those party platforms. Our philosophy is the pillar which supports the platforms we build upon it.

So, in following posts, I propose to present elements of democratic philosophy which I believe could be of use in that endeavor.

Alex Budarin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more wit:

This campaign is like a car. If you want to move the country forward, you must select "D." If you want to move the country backwards, then you can select "R."
(Told by Senator Nelson, Democratic incumbent from Florida running to be re-elected)

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home