**Jefferson's Parlor**

A Place for Contemplation of Democratic Political Philosophy and Its Meaning for Democratic Parties.......Now with Added Social Science!

Parlor image courtesy of Robert C. Lautman/Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc.
To the Remembrance of Neda Agha-Soltan
My Photo
Name:

EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Sociology; WORK EXPERIENCE: Case Worker, Researcher, Teacher, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Actor, Janitor, Busboy, Day Laborer; COUNTRIES I HAVE VISITED: Austria, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Egypt, Thailand, China, Taiwan, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay; FAMILY: Father from Ukraine, Mother from USA, wife from Colombia, one brother and one sister; LANGUAGES: English, Spanish and German [although my German is "rusty"]; CITIZENSHIP: USA. My wife, who is an artist, drew the picture at left in 1996. I had hair on top back then. Now it grows out of my ears and nose instead. OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE, I am proudest of this blog. I hope someone reads it!

Support The Campaign for America's Future,www.ourfuture.org

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Parlor Wit

A little boy asks his father to explain what politics is. The father says to him, "Well, son, it's a little complicated, but let me explain it in terms of our family. In our country, we have an economic system called Capitalism. In our family, I'm the one who brings in the money, so let's call me Capitalism. Your mother takes care of the administration of the household, so she represents the Government. We'll call you The People, and we'll call Nanny the Working Class, because she works for us. And your baby brother-we can consider him as The Future. Now, you think about that, and we'll discuss it later."

That night, the little boy is awakened by his little brother, and he discovers the baby has a diaper so badly soiled that he can't change it. He goes to get his mother, but she is sound asleep, so he goes to the Nanny's room. He finds the door locked. When he peeks into the keyhole, he sees his father in bed with Nanny.

The next evening, his father asks him what he thinks about the explanation of politics.

"I think I understand how politics works," says the boy. "While Capitalism is sc**wing the Working Class, the Government is asleep, the People don't know what to do, and the Future is in Deep Shit." http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/humor/dictionarily.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home