**Jefferson's Parlor**

A Place for Contemplation of Democratic Political Philosophy and Its Meaning for Democratic Parties.......Now with Added Social Science!

Parlor image courtesy of Robert C. Lautman/Thomas Jefferson Foundation, Inc.
To the Remembrance of Neda Agha-Soltan
My Photo
Name:

EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Sociology; WORK EXPERIENCE: Case Worker, Researcher, Teacher, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Actor, Janitor, Busboy, Day Laborer; COUNTRIES I HAVE VISITED: Austria, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Egypt, Thailand, China, Taiwan, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay; FAMILY: Father from Ukraine, Mother from USA, wife from Colombia, one brother and one sister; LANGUAGES: English, Spanish and German [although my German is "rusty"]; CITIZENSHIP: USA. My wife, who is an artist, drew the picture at left in 1996. I had hair on top back then. Now it grows out of my ears and nose instead. OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE, I am proudest of this blog. I hope someone reads it!

Support The Campaign for America's Future,www.ourfuture.org

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Consumers - Even Poor Ones - Give Us Jobs

Republicans protect the wealthy with arguments like "rich people give us jobs". To this I say, it is consumers who give us jobs, even poor consumers. Rich people would have no jobs to give, were it not for consumers buying their merchandise, using their services, borrowing their money, or renting their property. Without those consumers, including the poor, they would not be rich people. They need to keep that in mind. They are not rich because they are extraordinarily smart or extraordinarily hard-working. They are rich because their communities support them, by purchasing their goods, paying for their services, borrowing their money and renting their property.

Alex Budarin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home